[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_video ratio=”16-9″ link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVY51oO9Eqc”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- Avoid making any large purchases:
- New vehicles
- Long term financial obligations such as personal loans
- Large credit card purchases
In general, be very careful with your purchases for the entire period of time between offer and closing. Your lender wants to be sure that you’re not a risky spender and therefore a risk to them, so it’s wise to be cautious during the entire process!
- Avoid a job change
- Your employment needs to be verified the day before closing, so try to stay put until all of the papers have been passed. If you do change jobs, closing date extensions may be required, which can cause a bit of a problem.
- Avoid switching money back and forth between accounts
- Any transactions that are otherwise out of the ordinary for you could potentially raise red flags with your lender.